· mid 13th century: on the northern edge of the dominion of the Lords of Hradec the village of Lhota was established as part of a program of colonization.
· 1465 First written evidence of the existence of a fortress in Lhota. Petr of Zásmuk obtained the fortress in Lhota as inheritance from his father Ctibor.
· before 1530 Diviš Boubínský of Újezd listed as the owner of the Lhota fortress.
· ca. 1530 Lhota bought by the knightly family Káb of Rybňan.
· 1542-1555 Jan Kába had the old fortress rebuilt in Renaissance style as designed by the Italian builder Hons Vlach.
· 1555 The name Nová Lhota (New Lhota) appeared for the first time.
· 1557 Castle chapel of the Holy trinity was founded.
· 1597 Nová Lhota bought by Vilém Rut of Dírná, thus integrating the dominia of Dírná and Deštná.
· 1602 First historic mention of the name Červená Lhota (Red Lhota), from the new red plaster.
· 1621 Červená Lhota was confiscated from the Ultraquist Rut family and occupied by the Empirical Knight Antonio Bruccio. Spas in Deštná were established during his residence.
· 1635 Castle chapel newly consecrated and gained the status of a filial church.
· 1639 Bruccio died without an heir, the dominion fell to the ProvincialRoyal Chamber.
· 1641 Lhota bought by Vilém Slavata of Chlum and Košumberk, the highest chancellor of the Czech Kingdom and owner of the Hradec dominion.
· 1658-1678 The former fortress was reconstructed into a Baroque castle, used as a summer castle. The decorative interior design of the newly-conceptualized first floor is partly the work of I. Cometta and G.G. Tencalla.
· 1693 Slavata family died out by the sword, the castle passed in marriage to the family of Windischgrätz.
· 1755 The Austrian noble family of Franz de Paul of Gudenus bought the indebted Červená Lhota properties.
· 1774 The castle's administrative and harvest storage buildings were destroyed by a great fire. The castle itself remained untouched.
· 1796 Červená Lhota was bought by the Baron Ignác Stillfried, who offered a haven for the musician and composter K. Ditters of Dittersdorf.
· 1814 The castle chapel of the Holy trinity lost the status of filial church; castle chapel dissolved.
· 1820 Dominion bought by Jakub Veith.
· 1835 Červená Lhota bought by Heinrich Eduard Schönberg – Hartenstein.
· 1841-1863 Castle underwent Neogothic reconstruction, designed by builders J. Schaffer and J. Kocáb.
· 1901 An English park was established on the high ground above the lake.
· 1902-1910 Castle was rebuilt in Neorenaissance style with the assistance of architect Humbert Walcher of Moltheim.
· 1907 Priest Bedřich Kamarýt assisted in re-assigning the status of castle filial church to the chapel of the Holy Trinity.
· 1934 Family tomb of Schönburg-Hartenstein was established at Červená Lhota.
· 1945 Castle was confiscated on the basis of the Schönburg-Hartenstein family's Austrian nationality.
· 1946 A children's rehabilitation clinic was established at the castle.
· 1947 National Cultural Commission took administrative control of the castle.
· 1949 Castle was open to the public.